Eden is an Emmy®-Award winning Filipino-American producer, director and video journalist based in Detroit, Michigan. In 2015, she co-founded Reel Clever Films LLC, a video and film production company specializing in non-fiction storytelling and branded content. Eden has produced and directed an immersive body of short-form documentaries, creative films, and commercial campaigns, and received a Regional Emmy® for her producing and directing work on the Kresge Arts in Detroit film series, 10 mini-documentaries highlighting the work and artistic practices of celebrated artists across Metro Detroit.
She is a graduate of the New York Foundation for the Arts’ Immigrant Artist Program, and was selected for Sundance Institute’s Creative Producing Lab and Firelight Media’s Groundwork Lab in Detroit. She served as Supervising Producer for Shifting Urban Narratives, a multimedia fellowship for young people in Detroit to tell their stories about change, resilience, joy, and community development. In 2022, she worked with women-led production house MAJORITY to co-direct “Year One of the Biden-Harris Administration” for the Biden-Harris Inaugural Committee.
She recently co-directed and produced the short documentary "Senghor Reid: Make Way for Tomorrow" for the second season of PBS American Masters' and Firelight Media's "In The Making" Series, which premiered at the Academy-qualifying Big Sky Documentary Film Festival.
Meet the Soul of Your Business! Back to Basics…
I know that you are running a business that is mission based and empathic in nature. Wherever you are on your journey here are some awareness and focus to help you anchor!
1. Define your purpose: Start by identifying your why. Why did you start your business? What impact do you want to make? Understanding your purpose will help you stay aligned with your values and stay motivated when things get tough.
2. Practice mindfulness: Take time each day to center yourself and connect with your inner wisdom. Meditation, journaling, or simply taking a few deep breaths can help you stay present and focused.
3. Cultivate compassion: Treat yourself and others with kindness and empathy. Practice active listening and seek to understand other perspectives. This will help you build stronger relationships with your team and clients.
4. Prioritize self-care: Running a business can be stressful, so it's important to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional health. Make time for activities that bring you joy, and set boundaries to avoid burnout.
5. Embrace creativity: Don't be afraid to think outside the box and explore new ideas. Creativity can help you solve problems and differentiate your business from the competition.
6. Collaborate with others: Look for opportunities to collaborate with other businesses and entrepreneurs. This can help you expand your network, learn new skills, and create synergies that benefit everyone involved.
7. Give back: Find ways to give back to your community or support causes that align with your values. This can help you create a positive impact and build a strong brand reputation.